segunda-feira, 3 de outubro de 2011

Toronto!

Hello guys!
The first place I decided to talk about is Toronto. I spent my summer of 2008 there and it was one of the greatest experiences ever. I used to study business communication in an English school in downtown. It was amazing how many people from all over the world  I met.
One f the biggest challenges of Brazilian students when they go to other country is to keep distance from other Brazilian students. Brazilian people bond very easily and it is even easier to become very good friends with them and start speaking portuguese all the time. And it is the last thing you want when you (or your parents) invested lots and lots of money on you travelling abroad to improve your English.
Luckily for me, all the Brazilians that I met and became friends with went back to Brazil on the first month.  So I kept hanging out with Korean, Japanese, Russian, Swedish people. It was just unbelievable how many things I learned about all this countries.
The city was also amazing. I really could see myself making a life there if It wasn’t sooooo cold in the winter. People are very, very nice, public transportation is perfect (we didn’t need a car for ANYTHING! Much different from San Diego...), quality of life is one of the highest in the world…
If you haven’t been there, you should. It’s a big city, it’s a business city but is not chaotic at all.
If I had to sum up my impressions about Toronto I would just say that it is a city that works. You can work hard, you can party hard, you can have kids, you can raise your family, you can go to the beach on the weekends, you can just go read a book on High Park or ride a bicycle on Toronto Island… you can do everything!
Well… that was a little bit of my experience in Toronto. Maybe in other posts I can go back there and share some fun or important facts.
That’s all for today.  Next is Banff – Alberta.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário